1st UK Microfluidics for Analytical Chemistry Conference
Thursday 1 February 2018
The National Oceanography Centre Southampton UK
The first ever UK meeting bringing together scientists in the field of microfluidics, with a focus on applications to chemical and biochemical analysis.
Keynote presentations delivered by:
- Professor Joshua B. Edel Imperial College, London, United Kingdom https://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/joshua.edel
- Dr Alexander Edwards University of Reading, United Kingdom https://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/about/staff/a-d-edwards.aspx
- Professor Nicole Pamme University of Hull, United Kingdom www.pammegroup.org
- Dr Xize Niu University of Southampton, United Kingdom http://www.southampton.ac.uk/engineering/about/staff/xn1y10.page
- Professor Jonathan Cooper, University of Glasgow, http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/staff/jonathancooper
This one day meeting aims to bring together UK researchers developing and applying microfluidic systems for chemical and biochemical analysis. The meeting will cover all types of devices (lab-on-chip, digital microfluidics, paper microfluidics, total analytical systems etc.) and concern application to all forms of molecular analysis (biomedical, environmental, forensic, quality control etc.).
It will provide an opportunity to discuss recent developments in the field and develop future research opportunities as part of an overall aim to nurture and promote the UK microfluidic and analytical communities. Providing opportunities for PhD students and early career researchers to present their work.
Sessions will feature presentations by invited speakers, in addition to presentations selected from submission of abstracts. Abstract submission is now open please see below.
There will be opportunities during lunch and refreshment breaks to view the posters and exhibition, with additional networking possible during a wine reception at the end of the event.
The National Oceanography Centre
Waterfront Campus, European Way, Southampton, SO14 3ZH